For Healthcare Professionals
Canadian Skin Magazine
CAPP Quarterly Newsletter
CAPP: Patient Portal
CAPP: The Kids Corner
Enstilar® Safety Information
Indication and Clinical Use:
Enstilar® is indicated for the topical treatment of psoriasis vulgaris in adults for up to 4 weeks.
The use in pediatrics (<18 years of age) is not recommended as safety and efficacy have not been established in this population.
● Disorders of calcium metabolism
● Viral skin lesions; fungal, bacterial, parasitic skin infections; skin manifestations related to tuberculosis
● Perioral dermatitis, atrophic skin, striae atrophicae, fragility of skin veins, ichthyosis, acne vulgaris, acne rosacea, rosacea, ulcers and wounds
● Erythrodermic and pustular psoriasis
Relevant warnings and precautions:
● Long-term or concomitant corticosteroid use
● Use with ultraviolet radiation
● Avoid use on broken skin, on mucous membranes, in skin folds, or under occlusive dressing
● Hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria
● Hepatic or renal impairment
● Avoid ophthalmic use
● Avoid use on face, axillae, flexures, groin, or genitals
● Use caution in pregnant patients
● Avoid use on breast if breastfeeding
● Use in children <18 years of age or the elderly ≥65 years of age
For more information:
Please consult the Product Monograph at https://health-products.canada.ca/dpd-bdpp/index-eng.jsp for important information relating to adverse reactions, drug interactions, and dosing information, which have not been discussed in this piece. The Product Monograph is also available by calling LEO Pharma Medical Information at 1-800-263-4218.
© 2020 LEO Pharma Inc. All rights reserved.
® Registered trademark of LEO Pharma A/S used under license
and distributed by LEO Pharma Inc.